First of all it is very wise decision that you started to prepare early for the exam. Now come to your question. To start the preparation you must be aware of the syllabus and exam pattern of the SSC CGL exam.
Here i will discuss all things step by step. First read the following preparation tips for the SSC CGL exam preparation:
- List out all the topics and make a proper strategy to cover all the topics. Make a study plan and stuck with it.
- Find out which topics are weak and in which topics you are confident. Focus more on the weak areas.
- Start with clearing your basics concepts in all section. you can refer school books for the fundamental concepts. Now solve related questions and exercise.
- Make your short notes which will help in revision before the exam.
- learn all important formulas and short trick to solve the questions quickly.
- learn tables, cubes and squares to solve the calculation faster.
- Practice and practice. solve the previous year question papers and mock test and after that analyze your mistakes and improve them.
- And have confident and be positive.
The important topics in each section are as follows:
Important topics for Quantitative aptitude
- Data Interpretation
- Quadratic Equations
- Number Series
- Trains and Time & distance problems
- Profit & Loss and, Time & Work, Mixture problems
- Percentage & Average
Important topics for English
- Re-arrange the Sentences
- Sentence Correction
- Fill in the Blanks (Idioms, Antonyms-Synonyms, one word)
- Error Detection
- Cloze Test
Important topics for Reasoning Ability
- Seating arrangement
- Blood relations
- Series description
- Direction and Distance
Important topics for General awareness
- Important Days
- Books and Authors
- Current Affairs (National and International)
- International and National Organizations
- Awards and Honors
- Regarding sports
- History of computers
- Basics of Windows operating
- Internet terms and services
- Basic Functionalities of MS-Office
- Hardware and software
The three important things you must work on are speed , accuracy , and the time management. The practice will help you to improve these things. So keep practicing and be positive and confident.
Hope it will help you in preparation. All the best.